Our Access Team sessions are used to work with the team on developing independence & social skills whilst making and maintaining friendships. Tell us about the things you want to learn / do and we will support you to do them. Join the group for trips out into the community and lots of socialising.
To be part of this team, you must be able to travel independently by bus or walking, know how to keep safe out in the community and be able to get help and advice when necessary.
The group is supported to plan their own activities, events and trips out. Sessions are also used to discuss with the Team Coordinator, any concerns or things you would like assistance with.
Benefits of our Access Team
- Support for community outings
- Support to find voluntary work
- Social & personal skills development
- Independent skills development
- Support to plan and run events
- Support to develop reading skills (through a read easy specialist)
- Learn how to plan, budget, shop, prepare and cook healthy meals
- Support to develop money/numeracy/budgetary skills
- Support to plan group activity sessions
- Making and selling crafts
- Peer support & mentoring