Goldhay Arts is a registered charity offering weekly sessions in the performing and visual arts to adults with learning disabilities since 1994.
Our aim is to provide a quality service with an emphasis on personal development through experience of the performing and visual arts.
As a group, we work on 3 basic principles:
- We use professional Artists as Tutors
- We encourage equality and respect for each other as Artists and
- Produce quality work which gains recognition from the arts world
To place before all other considerations the welfare and development of members and all those who use Goldhay Arts.
- To work as a team, providing mutual support and shared decision making.
- To strive towards a standard and quality of work that will challenge assumptions as to what people with learning disabilities have to contribute.
- To encourage access within the wider community through the development of necessary skills, supported integration and through Goldhay Arts artistic programme.
- To recognise the needs of carers and encourage commitment and understanding through close liaison and support.
- To work closely with other providers of services for people with learning disabilities, sharing best practice and continuing to improve standards.
- To work in partnership with a wide spectrum of arts and community organisations.
- To work toward rewarding progression for members as they move on.
- To ensure that Goldhay Arts Company does not discriminate against people because of their race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, class, disability or culture.