Our Access Team sessions are used to work with the team on developing their independent skills.
To be part of this team, you must be able to travel independently by bus or walking, know how to keep safe out in the community and be able to get help and advice when necessary.
The team meets every Friday and the session runs from 10am – 3.30pm. The group is supported to plan their own activities, events and trips out. This session is also used to discuss with the Team coordinator, any concerns they have or things they would like assistance with.
Benefits of our Access Team
- Support for community outings
- Support to find voluntary work
- Social & personal skills development
- Independent skills development
- Support to plan and run events
- Support to develop reading skills (through a read easy specialist)
- Learn how to plan, budget, shop, prepare and cook healthy meals
- Support to develop money/numeracy/budgetary skills
- Support to plan group activity sessions
- Making and selling crafts
- Peer support & mentoring